- From the Distant Past American Museum of Natural History, New York City, 2011
- Cosmic Revelation Cosmic ray related light installation, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (D), 2009
- Imachinations Digital projection, MUMOK Vienna, 2008
- Coloursex Koehler AG, Oberkirch (D), 2009
- I see what I see not Kunstfassade München (D), 2004/05
- Sonapticon Concert at Sounddome, Center for Arts & Media ZKM Karlsruhe (D), 2012
- Videoshadows Lichtkunst aus Kunstlicht, ZKM Karlsruhe (D), 2005
- Chromology Städtische Gallerie, Wetzlar (D), 2009
- Colours of the Universe Hydrogene plasma light sculpture, Illmenau (D), 2008
- 100 days - 100 imachinations Library of Alexandria (EG), 2005
- Pixelsex KPN Telecom Tower, Rotterdam (NL), 2006
- From the Distant Past Maryland Science Center, Baltimore, 2011
- Music of Life Festspielhaus Hellerau, Dresden (D), 2008
- Magica Catoptrica Blendwerk, Schloß Achberg (D), 2010
- Meeresleuchten Plankton luminograms, 2007/08
- Sans point de vue Verein für aktuelle Kunst, Oberhausen (D), 2009
- 100 Days - 100 Imachinations Triple digital projection, Kubus of ZKM Karlsruhe (D), 2004/05
- facing science growing network during the exhibition WeltWissen, Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin 2010
- Les neuf portes de ton corps Sexuell, Stiftung Starke Berlin, 2001
12-21 April 2013
In occasion of the Kunst Tage Offenburg two new site specific works are presented in the old prison of Offenburg. The sound installation is a psychedelic play with inside and outside. The invisible light installation deals with the fact that our senses are limited and form a sensual prison. Opening on Friday 12 April 19:30 at Altes Gefängnis Offenburg (more...)
16 April 2013
Total X – Röntgenästhetik zwischen Plastizität und Transparenz, public talk by Tim Otto Roth at Internationales Zentrum für Kultur- und Technikforschung (IZKT), Universität Stuttgart [D], 17:00.
The Hubblecast 63 looks back to presentations of From the Distant Past in Venice, Baltimore and New York and discusses in interviews with Bob Fosbury (ESO), Antonella Nota (STScI) and the artist Tim Otto Roth the meaning of spectra in science and art. (more...)
8 February 2013
The Sonapticon - space as an acoustic network, talk with Benjamin Staude given on the symposium »Neuroaesthetics« in November at ZKM Karlsruhe, has appeared as a free download on iTunes.
20 April 2013
Book Launch:Light Image Imagination, EYE Film Institute Netherlands, Cinema 2, 17:00-18:00.
The progressively defocused colour image of the constellation of Orion by David Malin on the cover (of the book) announces a central contribution to this anthology. Tim Otto Roth has written together with the astrophysicist Bob Fosbury the essay: Colour beyond the sky – the chromatic revolution in astronomy. This shows how, since the invention of the telescope, the sky has appeared not only closer but also more colourful. The contribution highlights the triggering of a chromatic revolution wrought by the spectroscope, a revolutionary instrument that transformed astronomy into astrophysics. We ask why it was that colour was only introduced into astronomical pictures as late as the second half of the 20th century. Above all, the essay addresses the history of art and ideas and poses the question of whether 'true colours' are really represented by any kind of picture.
M. Blassnigg (ed.): Light Image Imagination, Amsterdam University Press 2013.
12 April 2013
Rätselhafte Röntgenbilder - Oppenauer Medienkünstler ist einem Geheimnis auf der Spur, Badische Zeitun
19 February 2013
Der Flash nachts unterm Himmel, interview by Barbara Imhoff at Radio Orange (A), 17:30-18:00.
10 December 2012
Artist collaborates with neuroscientist to build 'audio-neurons', review by Robert Barry in occasion of the Premiere of the Sonapticon at ZKM, wired.co.uk,